Monday, November 28, 2011

The Black Madonna



Author: Davis Bunn
Genre: Adventure (inadequate word for the heart-pounding things in this book :P)
Series: A Storm Syrrell Adventure
Number in series: 2nd
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 313
Time period: Present
Passage from book: “From the crest of the Herodium dig, Harry Bennett could look out and see three wars.”
My overall opinion: Wow. This was one awesome book. It has a fair element of mystery, and also includes things like planes, guns, auctions (for expensive Christian relics), handsome wealthy men, strong women (not necessarily physically so much as mentally), and much more! I’m sure you’d enjoy this one! I’m definitely reading everything by Davis Bunn that I can get my hands on right now. J

2 comments:

Annie (larkin) said...

Wow, I'm definitely putting this on my to-read list. It sounds amazing!

Julia said...

He's one of my favorite authors too! :) I especially like his series with Janette Oke, "Acts of Faith", the first being "The Centurion's wife". Awesome! :)