Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shooting Star


Author: Bodie Thoene
Genre: Western, adventure
Series: Saga of the Sierras
Number in series: 7th
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 206
Time period: 1800’s
Main characters: Andrew Jackson Sinnickson and others
Exciting events: A cattle drive, a killer on the loose, and much more!
Passage from book: {{Sorry, no passage here, but it starts with a chapter from A Thousand Shall Fall, one of the “Shiloh Legacy” books}}
My overall opinion: Wow. The way these are tied to together with each other…all these books by the Thoenes…is amazing. Maybe I’ll do a post on it someday. Like I said, though, this one begins with a passage from A Thousand Shall Fall – which was really cool because I just finished the ”Shiloh Legacy” series. I suppose that makes no sense to you…once you read these books, it will. J As usual, I’d say if you actually want an awesome western, read Louis L’Amour’s books. However, this one had a good story.

No comments: